Innovation in Career Management
- UpMo (for Upwardly Mobile): I recently came across this website called UpMo that helps develop a road map for managing ones career and tells how to get there. While the content wouldn’t surprise anyone who has taken some effort to start managing ones career – with almost a cult like focus on networking, but the presentation is quite innovative. Especially the way it converts theories into bite sized action items. I also liked the way UpMo has tried to bring in role models and compare their growth with our own – the matching of it with our current timeline was quite smart I thought. It is currently on Beta – do try it out. I am sure if I actually followed the recommendation it would have a major impact on my career.
Links to pages discussing Innovation
- www.innovation-triz.com: You will find a paper and a number of presentations on studies of failed corporate innovation efforts and what needs to be done right. This study was one of 15 Fortune 500 companies in the US who had started major innovation efforts, all of which were eventually closed down.
- Check out this link for a selction of innovation articles.
- A new approach to development- integrative improvement: sustainable development as if people and their physical, social and cultural environments mattered.
- Innovation Blogs – particularly pertinent to business and managment
- A white paper on Systematic Innovation using TRIZ (pdf)
Books on Innovation
- Handson Systematic Innovation for Business & Management by Darrell Mann.